Friday, December 29, 2006

Looking back at 2006...

  1. I was introduced to blogging
  2. I took up weekly Salsa dance classes and made it to Intermediate level. Next year I intend to progress to Advanced level.
  3. I put on so much weight - went up to Size 18. However, joined Slimming World in May, lost 10 pounds and a few more while on holiday. By November I could fit into my old clothes (Size 16) again. However since Christmas they're beginning to feel a little tight!!!! I have purchased a Lateral Thigh Trainer which I intend to use regularly. One of my new years resolutions is to stop eating chocolate, sweets, crisps and biscuits. The aim is to get down to Size 14
  4. Relationships - I took a risk, really stuck out my neck here and stepped out of my comfort zone. I went Speed dating and even put my profile on dating websites. Met and fell for a couple of guys who were not really into me! They both have girlfriends now and are very happy. I was crushed!
  5. My best childhood friend, Eddie died! The lowest point of my year! This made me evaluate all existing friendships and gave me the push I needed to totally break free from a negative relationship!
  6. I went on a round the world trip - to East, Central and South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia.
  7. Went into huge debt to finance aforementioned trip, so when I got back I found part time work as a waitress to pay it off. I have experienced God's generosity through the people around me.
  8. Made friends with some really cool people this year through blogging and on my travels
  9. Was finally Chief Bridesmaid for one of my closest friends'. I wore I bright scarlet dress and looked absolutely stunning!
  10. Didn't make much progress with my relationship with God. This shall be my priority in the New Year.