Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Quick one

Still feeling a bit sleep deprived after Poland trip. It was way too short, got there on Friday night, Saturday was taken up with Mark and Ewelina's wedding, and then thanks to Ryanair changing their schedule, an early morning flight back to London. I didn't really do anything touristy. My lingering impression though is that the Poles are very generous, warm people. On Saturday morning I helped pick rose petals from Kryscik's (my host) family allotment. As we were leaving his parents bombarded me with home grown apples and gherkins . The latter, I subseqently learnt, are a Polish delicacy. I look forward to going again next year for Izabela and Kryscik's wedding
Off now to Edinburgh for the Fringe festival. Overwhelmed by amount of choice - a search on the website brought up 2000+ items! Kind of hard to narrow it down because I don't know what is good... what sucks... I'll see