Friday, June 06, 2008

33 today!

Usually on my birthday, I reflect on my life- highlighting all the things I haven't yet achieved! Today, will be slightly different. I'll try to focus on the positive...

1) I have been a Christian (born again) now for 18 years and I am still IN the Lord. I have faith in a Mighty God who loves me SO much and I can't wait to actually see Him face to face. However there are still some things He would like me to do while I'm still here on earth... which I am excited about. Life is one big adventure!

Thank you Lord for the people you have placed in my life to help me along this journey.
Natasha Kainerugaba, who lent me the book, which started me on the journey to Salvation;
my sister Ngonzi, the first person known to me who paid a price in following You (my father disowned her). To the spiritual leaders you have provided through the years- Vicki Owens, Pastor Joshua, Pastor Chris, Pastor Mark and Maureen, Alex and Milly Ojera, Paul Walsh, Bruce Atkinson, Edna Darko-Sarkwa, Joanne Marshall, Linda Steinmark, Henry Kendal, Anne Coles, Colin Brookes

Even those that I have not met personally, but whose ministry has had a significant impact on my life - Corrie Ten Boom, Joyce Meyer, R. T. Kendall, C.S. Lewis, Brother Andrew, Dawn Eden, Michelle Mckinney Hammond, Philip Yancey, Sheldon Vanauken, Elisabeth Elliot

2) I've got a great parents, siblings, niece and nephews whom I love so much. Sure we have our spats from time to time, but we are there for each other when it matters. We also have some good times which I enjoy. Thank you Lord for my family

3) Spending time with my friend Sheila today made me realise just how privileged I am to have such good friends in my life. People move in and out of our lives, but there are some who make a big impact and will always have a special place in my heart, and me in theirs! I can't list them all here, but you know who you are. Also mention the friends that I have met through the Internet who are still a big part of my life - Glennis, Birgit, Simon.
Also for the best friends who are not in my life anymore but will always be remembered fondly - Eddie Bakuta (RIP), Sam Katts and Stephen D. I miss you guys. Thank you Lord for ALL my friends

4) A word was spoken over my life, that I would be an evangelist - spreading the Good News that Jesus saves. I have personally introduced one person to Jesus, and she is still in love with Him. I have facilitated the work of other evangelists by giving of my finances, encouragement and time. Thank you Lord for allowing me to serve in this way

5) With my finances, I have put my cousin through high school, and now she is doing her A' levels. Thank you Lord for enabling me to play a role in the life of this young, intelligent lady! I pray that this seed I am sowing in her life will bear fruit and one day she will be in a position to do the same for others.

So there you have it. My life and what's important to me for the last 33 years!
Here's to another 33 years