Friday, May 30, 2008

Florida revival

I first heard about this from my 'crush', Steve. He's just sent me a text today saying 16 people so far have been raised from the dead, the latest being a black girl whose family put a voodoo curse on her. She was killed by a demonic spirit and was dead for about 45 minutes. People were praying for her, and then she says she saw a bright light appear and she came back to life!

A little background,
There is a mighty move of God's Spirit at Fresh Fire Ministries Church in Lakeland, Florida that's been going on for a few weeks. People from all over the world are travelling there in DROVES to get healed or to have a fresh touch of God (I NEED THAT!!) A couple of our senior pastors have gone out there this week, hoping to get an impartation to bring back to St B's. Last Sunday, during the service, they played a YouTube clip from Florida which fit in very nicely with the sermon on the 'Fullness of God'. John (the preacher) challenged us afterwards saying "Have we seen the fullness of God here yet?"

We then just all started crying out to God for "More!!"
What I loved about it was that it wasn't gimmicky. There was no band to play music to stir up our emotions. John asked that those who had a need should raise their hands, and those nearby prayed for them. I felt really convicted about my sins (especially selfishness) and then felt an urgent prompting to get away. Now every Sunday, on my way home from church, I drive past my nephews' house and never stop. I've always justified this by saying that I'm not good with kids and feel awkward around them. That day I noticed that the light was on in his mom's car, so I had an excuse to knock on the door to tell her to switch if off in case battery went flat. This was followed by 15 glorious minutes of visiting with them. My nephew was excited and showed me his new 'Gormiti' card collection, and when I was leaving gave me a big hug. We've made a date for today and as soon as I've posted this, I'm off to see him.
It is a minor thing for most people I know, but for me it's been a real struggle to be in a relationship with my relatives. I feel like I do not connect with them...that they don't really like me. I need to get over this whole 'I don't like children' thing. Indirectly, I am beginnng to feel the effects of the Florida revival.