Thursday, May 01, 2008

Off to Rome!!!

I’m off to Rome tomorrow! Really excited!

And then not so much…

I am going as part of a group of 7 people whom I met through the London Black Professionals Meet up

My friend’s brother Chris is coming along too. I was appalled when he told me that he had last been on holiday 17 years ago!!!

I guess I’m a bit apprehensive because when you go on holiday in a group, living in close proximity, (and with other women???) you learn things about each other that you wouldn’t normally at the usual monthly meetings.

These girls are my ‘mission field’ (such a cliché… I know) and my desire is for them to see Christ in me…make Christianity attractive to them, to introduce them to Jesus and see them saved!
But what if I achieve the opposite effect? What if I come off all ‘square’ and boring or even worse… the dark side of my personality comes out and I am bitchy and ‘un-Christ like’? What if I conform… to the point that they do not see anything different about me, or about Chris (who is also born again?)

I haven’t prepared for this, as in, prayer and fasting! Not sure whether it is about me? After all, I’m not the one who does the ‘saving’. It is the Holy Spirit who draws people to Himself!
If I can play even a small part in this, that would be an awesome privilege.

I just pray that God will be glorified