Monday, July 31, 2006

A is just too interesting...

Interested would be nice, but you know what, I've resigned myself to the possibility that it might never happen.
So we go on our second 'last' date to the theatre. I was a bit apprehensive about meeting after the "Talk" and decided that the only way to deal with my feelings was to treat him as I would my brother Kagaba. They have similar personalities, so wouldn't be too difficult.

Besides, we're just good friends right? Right?

Mamma Mia is ok, in a mindless kind of way - crap plot, lousy singing but brilliant band!. During the interval, we sneaked a bottle of Rosè into the theatre. I couldn't stop giggling as we passed the rustling paper bag between us and at one point A leant over to say "I feel like a 'Wino'"
So far so good, this is going great. It's just like something I would do with my brother, except that with him, I wouldn't be conscious of our arms or legs brushing up against each other
"Kim, get a grip..he's a brother, absolute purity remember" Arggghghgh

Afterwards, we strolled down to Nelsons column, Trafalgar Square and just talked... Was Mr A staring at me in an "I-want-to-kiss-you" way or was I just imagining things? (I WAS tipsy)

ABSOLUTE PURITY, BROTHER, ABSOLUTE PURITY, KAGABA, PURITeeeeeeeeeee

He suddenly blurted out,
"I can't seem to make up my mind about whether I like you or not, I'm confused"

"Oh, that's just what a woman needs to hear... 'I'm confused about you'... How flattering"
(sarcasm)

"I'm really sorry I said that Kim, How stupid of me!"

"Why did you have to bring this up now anyway. We were having such a good time, and you have to go and spoil it. YOU drew the line remember?... Awkward silence... 'Let's talk about something else, ok'

We gamely make a recovery, although the 'subject' was still hanging in the air between us

In a total reverse of affairs from the first "last" date, A wanted to meet up again - next week actually,

"Hmm, I'll check my diary, might be free Saturday... can I get back to you about that!"

BROTHER, ABSOLUTE PURITY, KAGABA... BROTHER