Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Final Episode of 'Non-Sex' in the City

A wise friend of mine once said “Tosindika ebitakugenda!!” (Don’t force things that don’t move)
I decided go out for a ‘final date’ with Mr A tonight. My original plan was to go ‘cold turkey’- break off all contact - stop emailing, texting altogether.
After a lot of thought, I decided to run with Plan B, as the former would have left the guy in considerable confusion about my sudden rudeness and would make for a really awkward situation if we were ever to bump into each other again. It's better for things to gradually fade away..........
The date went well – watched an unexciting movie! He suggested drinks at wine bar. So headed out there, made idle chitchat – time flew! As we were leaving, we exchanged the usual polite courtesies; “It was a nice evening” “Enjoyed myself”
The suggestion for another date was conspicuous by its absence!

Then Good Bye! A brief back rub hug!

‘The End’

Credits roll!

Kim……………………………. Kimuli
Mr A…………………………… Alastair
Wise friends and confidantes…………………….. Afia, Shifa, Ngonzi, Nyaki, Yati, Trudy, Sheila,
Polite listeners who didn’t really give a sh*t……… work colleagues, cell group members

All in all, it’s been a good episode and has provided enough material for the blog!

Now I’m off in search for my next story…