Thursday, February 07, 2008

Touring London

Oh oh! I'm an alien. I'm a legal alien, I'm a Ugandan in London!!!! Last weekend, Yati and me visited Borough Market for brunch! Winter is probably not the best time to go there, but in spite of the freezing cold there were lots of people there. We ended up eating fish and chips. One of the stalls was selling jams and preserves. The rhubarb and ginger jam was particularly yummy! For Harry Potter fans, there is a doorway from a scene in the third film, 'The Prisoner of Azkabhan'
The entrance into the British Museum definintely has WOW factor. It has a lovely latticed ceiling in the lobby that simply takes your breath away.

This is me outside the British Museum, sporting a new hat that I bought for a £1
The Egyptian room was kind of interesting. Yati striking a Japanese tourist pose. I think this was the Persian room
This room has large Egyptian sculptures. Looked more impressive in the film, The Mummy.
I'm glad that it is free of charge to get into the Museum, because I would feel absolutely gutted if I had to pay money for this.