Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Overwhelmed with Blessings! A Praise Report

It’s amazing what a difference a week can make!

Last Sunday I was despairing as to how I was going to get through the rest of the year, financially. A family emergency had come up and I’d used up all my money and borrowed some more to pay for it.
One of the people on the ministry team prayed with me at the end of service. I didn’t hear most of what she prayed because I was sobbing, but by the time she'd finished I'd stopped crying and felt calm. In my mind, I know that God takes care of my needs, it just that sometimes this knowledge doesn’t always translate to my emotions.

This is how God has answered the prayer: -


Last Saturday, Yati came back from shopping and handed me a bag, “Kim I got you this”
Inside was a brand new pair of shoes! Just what I needed! The old pair was falling apart and I’d been planning to buy new shoes in December to replace them. However when the emergency came up, I had no option than to put it off until next year! The amazing thing is that Yati didn’t know the full details of my financial crisis, or that I’d even been thinking of replacing my shoes. All she said is that she saw me putting on the old pair on Saturday morning and thought, “Hmm, this girl really needs new shoes!”
Praise the Lord… and Yati!


That’s not all

I'd planned to drive up to Nottingham to visit Emily and Alistair next weekend. They are keen to introduce me to a locum doctor who is working in the same hospital as Emily. He is single, Christian. “Very religious,” they’ve assured me, “He’s even training to be a pastor. He is very keen to meet you."
I phoned to postpone the visit to January, and reluctantly told them the reason why. Alistair insisted that I still had to go and deposited money into my bank account to pay for a full tank of petrol!!


There’s still more to come!!!!

This Sunday at church, the vicar’s wife, Jane, came looking for me after Service. She gave me a Temple Spa Home Spa Collection Gift Set worth £28, to thank me for doing the technical stuff on Women’s Day last weekend! This was so unexpected, I was blown away! Ordinarily I never spend on such luxuries. My toiletries are always quite basic – soap, deodorant and Vaseline. Now I have a pamper set! Sheer bliss! Can't wait to try it out!

And more...


I emailed my sister just to give her an update of what was going on in my life. I mentioned the current financial situation, how Yati had bought me shoes and that I was thankful to God for providing for me. I really wasn’t expecting anything from her. After all, she lives in Africa, has a family and financial commitments. So was taken completely off guard when she asked for my bank details and then transferred a large sum of money- FIVE times more than I need!

EHHH!!! When it rains, it POURS!!!!


And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4: 19 NIV)

And now I am praying that God will open my eyes to see someone in need, whom I can bless out of the abundance of what He has given me!