Saturday, January 23, 2010

Flying the nest...

Gosh, I've been super busy and have had no time to blog. Plus have been exchanging several messages with my penpals.
My younger sister has finally left for Glasgow, Scotland.
It wouldn't be my first choice - in all the weather forecasts I see, extreme weather in UK seems to be concentrated there. Plus it takes about 8 hours to get there by coach! But it's got Scots - who can be very good - IF they like you, and horrible if they don't. What I appreciate about them is that they are very upfront - they tell you exactly what they think of you.  The English on the other hand....

Still. I'm happy she's gone. I felt I was turning into the mom of a moody teenager (even though she is 26) She kept things from me, sulked most of the time, left most of the housework to me. So I won't miss her in that regard.
On the other hand, when she communicated she could be quite fun and interesting. I'll miss dancing together in front of the living room mirror

I've decided to keep her room - spare. No more lodgers. Perhaps I'll get me a cat - typical spinster companion

Oh well got to go. Have to start redecorating my new spare room/walk in wardrobe/study.