Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tough Interview

On Friday I had an interview for a job as a trainee Internal Auditor.

I haven’t had an interview in ages, so was cacking it all week! I took 3 days off to buy an outfit, get my hair sorted and have a mock interview with Jeff! "You've got the job!", he said!
I couldn’t even go for my Home group or band practice because was really nervous!

To say it was a tough interview is a bit of an understatement. The only positive thing is that one of the guys on the panel had a nice smile, and genuinely seemed to want to help me during the interview by rephrasing questions.
On reflection, I guess there were too many rephrased questions, and on my part, vague, unspecific answers which does not bode well. They liked me, but I could sense a certain disappointment as I did not give them the answers they were looking for!

Now all I need to do is put it far from my mind! Instead I keep replaying the interview over and over again, chastising myself for not saying this or that! When friends ask me about it, I give a non-committal answer, however, if they keep pressing for more information, the tears start rolling!

Change the topic then!

I do not look forward to the interview results.