Monday, September 15, 2008

Snapshot

So it’s been a bit quiet on the blogging front- there appears to be NO movement in the blogosphere – so it isn’t just me

  • Credit card bill is currently £1200+ - How did that happen?
  • Weight back up to 14 stone – when did that happen?
  • New job is going ok now. I’ve made a new best friend, Carlton
  • Jonathan not going out of his way to talk to me. The most I get is a brief nod! And then last week after 5.00pm service, I hung about (without being too obvious) to have a chat, and he just blanked me. Okay so maybe he really wasn’t in to me
  • My VERY young admirer, Sam introduced me to his grandmother and brother who were visiting from America. Sam is cute but is probably 25? Last week he said ‘jokingly’ that he would like to travel to Italy with me next year… was he was flirting? I can’t tell because I am so rubbish at flirting.
  • I fluked an invitation to a celebrities party, David and Carrie Grant’s. Their sitting room is as big as my whole flat and they’ve got a nice swimming pool. I had a camera but felt it wouldn’t be ‘appropriate’ to take photos. Now I wish I had for 'vidence'! I indulged in the free expensive champagne and Baileys – got very drunk, said some strange things to my vicar and played with David Grants dreadlocks (cringe). A friend insisted on driving me home. I don’t think I’ll be invited again!! (now you see why I should have taken photos?)
  • My mobile phone fell into an un-flushed toilet! Can’t really afford a new one, so I nicked my sister Ngonzi’s spare handset to use with my sim card, that she’d left at my flat by mistake. When she came over to my flat last week I removed it out of sight from the sitting room to the bedroom. However that girl must have some kind of radar because she went straight for my bedroom and said “Hey isn’t that my phone?” So busted!!! She's let me keep it. Phew!!!
  • Attended the Thames Festival. Really liked the Korean entertainment.
  • Attended my first emergent church worship service at St Mary’s Ealing… hmm don’t really know what to make of it. There was stuff that I liked about it. We sat, I lay down, on bean bags, the visuals were stunning. I really liked the music, Holy Communion, creating a mosaic out of broken tile bits to represent our brokenness and the prayer of commitment at the end. However, I hated the chant (i.e. kind of like Gregorian’ish) and can’t understand why they didn’t refer to Jesus by name
  • Ugly Betty, Desperate Housewives and X Factor are BACK!!!
  • I start my Italian classes tomorrow!!!