Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Back to London!

This Sunday I got back from my 'round the world' trip. Things on the money front are looking VERY bad! Bank overdraft is tipping over and don't get me started on my credit card bill!

It's obvious I'll need a second job to pay this off!

I don't start my regular job until Wednesday, so spent the better part of yesterday job hunting! Pretty crap time to look for a job as the Christmas recruiting season is over.
I dumbed down my CV and started off with the bookstores (since books are my passion!) When that didn't work out, I then went to pretty much every other store on my local high street.

"No, we aren't recruiting anymore."
"Give us your CV and we'll get back to you in a couple of weeks" (loosely translates as "we'll just put that in the dustbin for you")

When I went to ask if they were recruiting at the local cinema, I was a bit taken aback when the guy replied,

"We are actually! Give me your CV. What days are you available to work? Weekends? We sometimes work up to 3.00am. You don't mind? Ok"

I don't want to get my hopes up but this looks the most promising. That and a check out position at Sainsbury's supermarket - interview is this Wednesday. I'd prefer to work in the latter because would get discount on my grocery shopping. Not many perks with cinema job except maybe watching films for free over and over again.

If I'm lucky I could start work as soon as this weekend!!! YEY!!

I've also been phoning friends to let them know I'm back. Things have moved on - people have got new jobs, become engaged, broken off engagements. It's amazing how much can happen in a space of 3 months.

Well hopefully I'll settle back into my usual routine

Oh did I mention that I've finally made the decision to cut out Mr A from my life? Yeah, you won't be hearing about that one again.

I'm tired of being pathetic!