Friday, June 16, 2006

Just a quickie!

I've been away for so long from this post, as I've recently rediscovered the world of Internet Dating!
Yes - some of us never learn do we!
I got on to this American website for
Black Singles and discovered all sorts. You don't have to be a paying member to post your profile although there are certain restrictions e.g. you can't send your own messages or put contact details in profile (People still come up with ingenius ways of putting in their email addresses though - "message me on ABC at the Y or M dot, or on 'where it is not cold or warm dot')".
You fill in this questionnaire and based on your answers, assigned a personality colour code which is used to determine who your best matches are. I am apparently a "yellow"??
In my profile, I specified that I wanted to meet new friends and penpals. However, given the nature of messages and flirts I was receiving, realised that this had not been widely understood.So had to edit and clarify requirements which were simply, " an avid reader, well travelled who LOVES to write". To clarify even further - "if you have not taken the time to fill in the "wordy" stuff on your profile, then you shouldn't bother with me"
Despite these implicit instructions, I am still getting messages from 'Brothas' who just want to GET with me (esp the Nigerians from 'Lagos' State. Next thing they'll be writing to ask for my bank details so that they can transfer the millions from the late Abacha's account!!! For a commission of course!
On the site there are also Indians (what part of 'Black Singles' don't they understand), who have posted pictures of Indian film stars Amir Khan, and Hrithik Roshan (see I watch Bollywood films) on their profiles. I've also seen pictures of LL Cool J, Josh Hart...
Loads of white guys (Again... Black Single? ) WannaBEblack, Eminem?) who probably just want to sh*g a black girl

Sent a message to a guy called SmoothRoads who said he was looking for email buddies - his profile made for good reading - so watch this space. Who knows, he may even get to co -write on this blog sometime - seriously he was that interesting. Go to the
website now and do a search on him, I'm sure he won't mind.