Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Me and my "Camp" friends!

The term "Camp" is UK slang for anyone who is overly dramatic and displays exaggerated speech and mannerisms! One of my closest friends goes out with a 'camp' guy. Most times it's really funny, but when we are in other people's company can be quite embarrassing!
Last Sunday we went for the Bank Holiday Latin all nighter fest at the Scala in Kings Cross. The Scala is a huge club with a capacity of 1500 punters and had 4 rooms featuring both LA and Cuban Salsa, Lambada and Hip Hop. I've recently 'discovered' Salsa so was quite keen to put my new moves into practice!
The blind date my friend set me up with was, on first impression, cute. But his story about his big d**k, within five minutes of meeting me kind of ruined it! It became painfully clear to me during the initial free salsa class, that my date was no good at dancing - no natural affinity whatsoever! I assured him it wasn't about learning all the correct moves - the important thing was that he has fun (Kim you liar...of course it's important to learn the basics!)
His idea of dance was get into an embrace of sorts and grind up against me! As you can imagine after a while this gets quite boring, so I snatched every opportunity to wander off in search of proper dance partners! It was fun dancing with them but realise I still have a long way to go in my Salsa journey!
Meanwhile, my friends and date, were busy screaming at the top of their voices. Her boyfriend decided to do a pole dance for our benefit, and then he took out an Afro comb, and insisted on combing through my Afro locks for about 10 minutes! I mean I can have fun with the best of them , but do they have to be so LOUD! Everything they do is designed to draw attention to themselves which I'm not comfortable with!
I also discovered that my date was 21 years old which explains the 'd**k" story! I have this thing about age! 25 is fine, but 21 is just too young (10 years younger to be exact). I want to be with a real man not a child who boasts at the first opportunity about his so called sexual exploits. Not even sure whether they are genuine.